MEDFORD,Mass.-- The Emmanuel College women's volleyball team topped Lesley University in three straight sets Tuesday evening, 3-0. The loss gives the Lynx a 0-2 start to the young season, while the Saints improve to 2-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Despite Emmanuel never losing the lead through the entire match, the Lynx came out with a presence in the first set falling just 25-22.
- After gaining a 9-3 advantage, Lesley was sparked by four point run to close the gap 9-7, in favor of the Saints. The powering Emmanuel offense responded right away with an 8-2 run to jump to a 17-9 lead.
- Lesley made a late push to get within one, 23-22, but the Saints took advantage of a Lesley miscue and sealed the set one win with kill by Mirassa Cataldo.
- Sets two and three proved the Saints dominance earning the wins in both, 25-12.
- Elise Morgan and Cassidy Wygonik combined for 19 of the Lynx total kills, while Allison Napoleon claimed 15 of the total 20 assists.
- Seven players on the Saints recorded multiple kills with Emma Fenton and Kerry Shea leading the way with five apiece.
- Isalbella Miller had a match high eight service aces in the win while Samantha Carrigan added seven digs.
- Jaylen Winfrey dished out 15 assists to go along with four aces, three digs and one kill.
Lesley continues its non-conference slate at Suffolk University Thursday September 12 at 7:00 PM while Emmanuel returns to action the same night, hosting Becker College in the Jean Yawkey Center for the Saints' 2019 home-opener at 7:00 PM.
*Release courtesy of Lesley University Athletic Communications