Scores: Emmanuel College, 0; Regis College, 0
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (9-8-1, GNAC 8-3-1)
Regis College Pride (8-9-1, GNAC 5-6-1)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College Women's Soccer team solidified a third overall seed for the Great Northeast Athletic Conference tournament on Wednesday evening at Roberto Clemente field after a tough fought double overtime tie against Regis College, 0-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Early in the matchup, senior captain Natalie Dash (East Hampton, Conn.) cut across the field to begin the attack of the Saints with a shot on goal, but goalkeeper Ori Attridge (Westwood, Mass.) made the save to stay even, 0-0.
- Emmanuel was able to put one more shot on goal before Regis took control of the ball through the remainder of the half. The Pride were able to put five shots on the board, three from sophomore Kaylee Francis (Millis, Mass.), but couldn't find the net as freshman goalkeeper Alyssa Crugnale (Middleton, Mass.) collected three saves closing out the first half, 0-0.
- Through the beginning of the half, neither team had a strong offensive possession, until Rachel Kelly (Whitman, Mass.) created two scoring opportunities in the 71st and 72nd minutes for the Pride, but again neither shot found the net continuing the scoreless match.
- Both squads had the opportunity late in regulation with two corner kicks each, and a breakaway opportunity for the Pride but EC's Kaylin Deschenes (Lynn, Mass.) slide tackled the ball out of bounds pushing the game into overtime, 0-0.
- The match ended after two scoreless overtime periods to close out the Great Northeast Athletic Conference regular season for both squads with a tie, 0-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Both teams recorded three shots on goal, but the Regis Pride put eight more shots on the evening, outshooting the Saints 11-3.
- Goalkeeper Attridge recorded three saves finishing the year at 5-5-1, while Crugnale recorded three saves for the Saints finishing her inaugural year 4-0-1.
- With tonight's tie, Emmanuel solidified the number three seed in the conference and will be hosting a quarterfinal matchup on Saturday, November 2nd.