SCORE: Suffolk 0, Emmanuel 1
RECORDS: Suffolk (2-10-1, 2-8-1 GNAC) | Emmanuel (11-5-0, 7-3-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Emmanuel took advantage of a counter attack as Allison Rodrigues came out of her cage to the 35-yard line. The Rams' rookie goalie flopped a kick to clear the zone and EC sophomore forward Paige White (Guilford, Conn.) was there to pick up the pieces for the Saints and did so in scoring fashion as she lofted a high kick over Rodrigues and send the rock into the back of the netting just 9:15 into the action.
White's goal would be the only tally over the remaining 80 minutes as Rodrigues and Lexi Gawron (South Hadley, Mass.) stood on their heads in their respective nets to keep it a one-goal game.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Rodrigues stopped 10 of the 11 shots she faced.
- Gawrown made eight saves in the victory, notching her fifth shutout of the year.
- Emmanuel had an 18-11 advantage in shots and took all three corners of the night.
- EC senior Kayla Generis (Wethersfield, Conn.) led all players with seven shot attempts, landing five on frame.
- Rodrigues picked up a career-best 10 saves.
- Emmanuel now has eight shutouts on the year, needing one more to tie the single-season program record of nine which has happened twice before (2015, 2003).
Suffolk caps off its 2018 conference calendar at Norwich Saturday, Oct. 20. The Rams will take on the Cadets following the men's team's 12 p.m. meeting at 3 p.m. Emmanuel is also back on the pitch this Saturday, hosting Simmons University at 11:00 AM at Roberto Clemente Field.