Score: Saint Joseph's College, 12; Emmanuel College, 9
Records: St. Joseph's Monks 6-4, 6-1 GNAC; Emmanuel College Saints 4-5, 3-3 GNAC
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Thursday, April 4th, 20189
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College women's lacrosse team was taken down by the Saint Joseph's College Monks in Great Northeast Athletic Conference play on Thursday evening despite a three goal performance by both junior Kylie Rice (Bethlehem, Conn.) and sophomore Emily Saef (Moultonborough, N.H.).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Elizabeth Fortier (Newburyport, Mass.) got things started for the Saints scoring the first goal of the game at the 28:14 mark to put the home team up 1-0.
- The Monks responded with two goals from junior Maddy Beaulieu (West Gardiner, Maine) and one from senior Brittney Arsenault (Westbrook, Maine) to take the lead, 3-1.
- Junior Kylie Rice netted her 26th goal of the season to close the gap for the Saints, 3-2, at the 22:13 mark.
- The Monks extended their lead by four with two goals from senior Kayla Kelley (York, Maine), one from senior Kara Kelley (York, Maine), and one from sophomore Lydia Dexter (Oakland, Maine) to close out the first half, 7-2.
- Kayla Kelley scored the first goal in the second half for the Monks, but the Saints responded with four goals to close the gap to 8-6.
- The Monks were able to extend their lead by three, 11-6, in the next ten minutes of the game.
- Elizabeth Fortier scored her second goal of the night at the 9:12 mark and the Monks responded with one less than a minute later, 12-7.
- Sophomore Emily Saef (Moultonborough, N.H.) netted two for the Saints before time expired for the Monks' victory, 12-9.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Rice and Saef led the Saints with a combined six goals, seven ground balls, three draw controls and one assist.
- Kelly of the Monks recorded a game high four goals on only six shots, along with three ground balls and seven draw controls.
- EC senior goalie Bethany Bonilla (Milton, Mass.) let up twelve goals while saving ten shots on goal.
- Emmanuel will be on the road on Saturday, April 6th to face GNAC rival Johnson & Wales University for a 3PM contest.
- St. Joe's will be back at home on Saturday, April 6th to face Regis College at 4PM.