Score: Anna Maria College, 3; Emmanuel College, 19
Records: Anna Maria AMCats 0-2, 0-2 GNAC; Emmanuel College Saints 1-1, 1-0 GNAC
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
THE LEAD: The freshman duo of Lincoln Hamblett (East Boothbay, Maine.) and Jessica Bouduas (Woodbury, Conn.) led the Emmanuel College women's lacrosse team with a combined eight goals on Wednesday evening to record the team's first Great Northeast Athletic Conference at Roberto Clemente Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kylie Rice (Bethlehem, Conn.) marched down the field for the Saints and scored the first goal of the day and then assisted on the second goal to take a quick 2-0 lead in the first two and a half minutes of play.
- The AMCats' Alyssa Vacca (Wakefield, Mass.) scored the first and only goal of the half to cut the lead in half before the Saints went on a commanding streak of 11 goals in a row to close out the half, three coming from the stick of Emily Saef (Moultonborough, N.H), 13-1.
- The second half went without a goal for either squad for the first seven and a half minutes of play until EC's Chandra Franca (Woburn, Mass.) cut the drought with her fifth goal of the season, 14-1.
- The Saints continued to dominate the final 20 minutes of the running clock, solidifying the first GNAC and home victory for Emmanuel, 19-3.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Rice, Hamblett and Bouduas each scored four goals for the Saints on a combined 21 shots on goal.
- The Saints were able to tally nine assists for their 19 goals, while Anna Maria was not able to record an assist.
- EC senior goalie Bethany Bonilla (Milton, Mass.) didn't have to make a save in her first victory of the year.
- Freshman keeper Emma Walsh (Dracut, Mass.) made 14 saves to fall to 0-1 in net for the AMCats.
- Emmanuel will be on the road on Saturday, March 16th to face GNAC foe Albertus Magnus College at 11AM.
- Anna Maria will be looking to record their first victory of the season at home against Simmons University on March 16th at 1PM.