Score: Albertus Magnus College, 6; Emmanuel College, 17
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (2-5, 2-3 GNAC)
Albertus Magnus College Falcons (3-5, 0-4 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
THE LEAD: Sophomore midfielder Kylie Rice (Bethlehem, Conn.) recorded a career-high nine points on six goals and three assists to power the Emmanuel College women's lacrosse team past Albertus Magnus College, 17-6, Tuesday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- With the score locked at 2-2 after eight minutes of play, Emmanuel reeled off nine consecutive goals over the final 21 minutes of action in the opening half to take control of the game.
- During the flurry, junior Andrea Liddell (Weymouth, Mass.) netted three goals, Rice and junior Lindsay Curry (Pittsfield, Mass.) scored twice and freshman Alexandria Ford (Springfield, Mass.) along with senior Sophia White (Monterey, Calif.) rounded out the scoring during the spurt for an 11-2 halftime lead.
- The Falcons came out of halftime with three straight scores on goals by Alix Hughes (Trumbull, Conn.), Kailin D'Agostino (Hamden, Conn.) and a second score by Hughes to make it 11-5 with just over 22 minutes to play.
- The Saints crushed any hopes of a comeback scoring the next five goals including three more scores from Rice to bump the lead back to double-figures at 16-5 with just under ten minutes to play.
- Sophomore Korina Zelaya (Trumbull, Conn.) scored her second goal of the night with 2:34 left to play to make it 16-6 before Rice rounded out the scoring with her sixth goal of the action with 39 tics left to account for the 17-6 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Saints outshot the Falcons 33-18 on the night.
- Emmanuel also won the groundball battle, with 25 GB's compared the 22 for Albertus Magnus.
- EC junior goalie Riley Loomis (Goshen, Conn.) earned the win making six stops in net to improve to 2-3 while Lexie Fenn (Oakvill, Conn.) suffered the loss for Albertus, also making six saves to fall to 3-5 on the year.
- The Saints are now 2-1 on the year when scoring more than 10 goals in a game and 2-0 when scoring more than 13 goals in a contest.
- Emmanuel returns to action on Thursday, April 5 when they play host to Wheelock College in non-conference action.
- The Falcons take on Rivier University on Saturday, April 7 in Nashua, N.H. at 1:00 PM.