Score: Emmanuel College, 13; University of Saint Joseph (CT), 2
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (1-6, 1-3 GNAC) USJ Blue Jays (1-5, 1-3 GNAC)
Location: West Hartford, Conn. – USJ Lacrosse Field
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College women's lacrosse team scored 12 consecutive goals to open play on Saturday afternoon en route to a 13-2 Great Northeast Athletic Conference win over host University of Saint Joseph (CT).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following nearly 10 minutes of scoreless action, Emmanuel opened up the flood gate with a goal by Mackenzie Katz (Dover, N.H.) at the 20:36 marker of the opening stanza.
- Freshman Alexandra Ford (Springfield, Mass.) netted back-to-back scores to bump the lead to 3-0, netting the goals less than 30 seconds apart.
- Junior Andrea Liddell (Weymouth, Mass.) made it 4-0 before sophomore Kylie Rice (Bethlehem, Conn.) netted a player-down goal to bump the lead to 5-0.
- Sophomore Allison Hutchings (Billerica, Mass.) got into the scoring action with two straight goals to make it a 7-0 game before Rice rounded out the first half scoring with her second score of the day to give the Saints an 8-0 lead heading into halftime.
- Aisling Butler (Westfield, Mass.) scored just 16 seconds into the second half to increase the Emmanuel lead to 9-0 before Ford, Rive and Hutchings all found the back of the net again to account for a 12-0 lead with under 19 minutes remaining.
- USJ got on the board with 17:17 left to play on a score by Charlotte Eberhardt to make it 12-1 and Mary Joerg kept it going with a marker to cut the lead to 12-2.
- Rice rounded out the game's scoring with her fourth score of the afternoon to account for the 13-2 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Saints outshot the Blue Jays 38-16 on the day.
- Hutchings finished with seven points on three goals and four assists while Rice added five points on four goals and one helper.
- EC junior Riley Loomis (Goshen, Conn.) earned her first collegiate win in goal making four saves to improve to 1-3 on the year.
- Emily Bourassa suffered the loss, stopping 17 shots to fall to 1-3 in net for USJ.
- Emmanuel returns to action on Tuesday, April 3 when they play host to Albertus Magnus College at Roberto Clemente Field at 7:00 PM in more GNAC action.
- USJ hits the road the same day, heading to Northfield, Vt. to take on Norwich University at 7:00 PM.