Score: Emmanuel College, 114; Pine Manor College, 40
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (6-1, 0-0 GNAC)
Pine Manor College Gators (1-7 overall)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College women's basketball team cruised to a 114-40 non-conference victory over Pine Manor College Thursday evening on the Andy Yosinoff Court. The Saints improve to 6-1 on the year, matching their best start since the 2012-13 campaign.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints raced out to an early 20-4 lead behind nine points from junior guard Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (Cambridge, Mass.), building a 28-10 advantage after the first frame.
- Emmanuel put the game out of reach by opening the second quarter with a 12-0 run before PMC senior forward Aleah Lauti (Millbrae, Calif.) got the Gators on the board to make it 40-12 with less than eight minutes to play in the half.
- EC coasted into halftime leading 64-27, connecting on 58.0% of its field goal attempts in the stanza (29-for-50) while forcing 21 Pine Manor turnovers.
- Emmanuel outscored the Gators 30-10 in the third to take a commanding 94-37 lead into the final quarter.
- The Saints held PMC to just three points in the final quarter en route to the 114-40 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel had seven players in double-figures led by Ramirez-Tejeda's 19.
- Sophomore Jamad Fiin (Boston, Mass.) was next in scoring for EC with 14 points to go along with five rebounds, four steals and three assists.
- The 114 points was the third highest single-game total in Emmanuel program history.
- Lauti paced the Gators with 11 points while freshman guard Oceana Tabbak (Norwood, Mass.) also netted 11.
- With the win, EC Head Coach Andy Yosinoff is now one coaching victory shy of tying the NCAA Division III Women's Basketball record for career coaching victories. He now has 814 wins, one away from tying long time Scranton head coach Mike Strong for the all-time record at 815 victories.
- Emmanuel heads across the river to take on MIT on Saturday, December 8 at 3:00 PM.
- Pine Manor is also back in action on Saturday, heading to New Haven, Conn, to take on Albertus Magnus College at 1:00 PM.