Scores: Emmanuel College, 0; Lasell College, 1
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (5-7-1, 4-3-1 GNAC)
Lasell College Lasets (3-8-2, 2-5-2 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
THE LEAD: The Saints dropped a Great Northeast Athletic Conference game against rival Lasell College on Wednesday evening, 1-0, due to a defensive breakdown by the Saints in the first half.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Through the first twenty minutes of play, neither team was able to score even though the Saints had multiple opportunities off of a corner and free kick, 0-0.
- The Lasers were the first to score with 24 minutes remaining in the first half due to a defensive breakdown in the box, shot by sophomore forward Kevin Pitt (Bayshore, N.Y.) and assisted by freshman Edson DaSilva (Hingham, Mass.), 1-0.
- The first half closed out with a score of 1-0, with neither team able to find the back of the net despite six shots by the Saints and two by the Lasers.
- Through the first 25 minutes of the second half, the lack of scoring and physical play continued with Lasell winning 1-0.
- The Saints were able to produce shots off of corner kicks by Campbell Shealy (Lexington, S.C.) and Kyle Monaghan (Monson, Mass.) late in the game, but neither connected closing out the game with the Lasers victorious, 1-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Saints outshot the Lasers ten to three, while Lasell's junior goalkeeper Teo Cugno (Medford, Mass.) recorded six saves while EC's Jonathan Ferrarini (Hanover, Mass.) recorded no saves on the night.
- The evening was filled with physical play, with Emmanuel recording seventeen penalties and Lasell recording twenty of their own.
- The Saints will be back at home in the second game of a soccer doubleheader on Saturday, October 13th for a GNAC matchup against Norwich University at 3PM.
- Lasell will be celebrating Senior Day at home against Salve Regina University on Saturday, October 13th at 2:45PM.