Score: Roger Williams 4, Emmanuel 0
Records: Emmanuel Saints (0-2-1); Roger Williams Hawks
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Saturday, September 4, 2017
The Lead: Following 90 minutes of action, Emmanuel College was defeated 4-0 be Roger Williams University Saturday afternoon in non-conference Men's Soccer action at Roberto Clemente Field in Boston, Mass.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Roger Williams outshot Emmanuel 24-9, owning the a 15-4 advantage in shots on goal in the match.
- The Hawks owned a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- While there were only 11 fouls in the game there was one yellow card, with the Saints being booked in the first half
- Three of Roger Williams goals were scored in a seven minute stretch in the first half with the fourth coming late in the second half.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The teams were even for the first 15 minutes with the Hawks owning a slight edge in possession, until RWU opened the scoring at 27:56.
- After Tyler Kuchenbecker netted the first goal the flood gates opened with the Saints conceding two more over the next seven minutes of play.
- Goals two and three both came from services from Jordan Lach on the right wing into the box and were finished by Spencer Thibodeau and Garrett Bolton, respectively.
- In the second stanza the Saints turned it on keeping the lethal hawks off the score board until Mathew Bacon scored the games final goal with 3:55 remaining.
- Saints goalkeeper Jonathan Ferrarini (Hanover, Mass.) finished the game with 11 saves
- The Saints return to action Monday where they will travel to Hellenic College to take on the Nighthawks of Newbury College for a 3:30PM kick off.
- The Hawks travel to Cambridge, Mass. Where they will take on MIT for a 7:00 PM kick off this Wednesday September 13.