THE LEAD: The men's lacrosse team lost their second non-conference game in Florida against Otterbein University on Thursday as the Cardinals were able to put up a 17 goals on the Saints while EC only tallied six in the contest.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Otterbein was able to capitalize three times before the Saints cut their drought as Charlie Stutzenberge (Plymouth, Mass.) scored the Saints' first goal of the day, assisted by Matt Katon (East Falmouth, Mass.) to close out the first quarter, 3-1.
- Jake Grundey (Pickerington, Ohio) started out the second quarter with three more goals for the Cardinals, but the Saints matched the three with two unassisted goals by Katon and another goal late in the half by Ben Hartig-Orr (Reading, Vt.), closing out the half, 6-4.
- Both teams went goal for goal through the beginning of the third quarter before Otterbein scored eight unanswered goals to close the day, 17-6, over the Saints.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Grundey of the Cardinals led the day with a game-high five goals shooting 5-8, along with two ground balls pickups.
- Katon of the Saints scored four of the six goals for the Saints, along with one assist and a ground ball.
- Emmanuel has a week break before heading to Southern Maine for a non-conference matchup on Wednesday, March 13th at 4PM.