Score: Misericordia University, 24; Emmanuel College, 7
Records: Misericordia University Cougars 2-0; Emmanuel College Saints 0-2
Location: Clearwater, Fla. (Joe DiMaggio Field)
Date: Monday, March 3, 2019
THE LEAD: In a non-conference matchup, the Misericordia University Cougars were able to take a strong and quick lead over the EC Saints and continued the dominant offensive play through the matchup to seal the victory, 24-7, in a contest in Clearwater, Florida on Monday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cougars were able to score 10 unanswered in the first quarter, with three of the Misericordia starters scoring two goals apiece, but the Saints were able to get one on the board as freshman Andrew Alden (East Lyme, Conn.) scored unassisted to close out the first quarter, 11-1.
- Misericordia was able to put another seven goals on the board through the second quarter, while the Saints were able to tally three goals total – two from Ben Hartig-Orr (Reading, Vt.) and one by Matt Katon (East Falmouth, Mass.), 18-4.
- The second half of the game continued to be controlled by the Cougars who put another 6 goals on the board while the Saints found the back of the net on three more occasions to close out the non-conference matchup, 24-7.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Freshman Conner Entwistle (Califon, NJ) of the Cougars recorded a game-high five goals along with three assists and one ground ball recovery.
- Allen and Katon led the way for the Saints with two goals each on the evening.
Emmanuel will play another non-conference contest in Clearwater, Fla. on Thursday evening against Otterbein at 3:30PM.