Score: Emmanuel College 13; Anna Maria College, 4
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (2-10, 2-4 GNAC)
Anna Maria College AMCATS (4-9, 2-4 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018
THE LEAD: Four players scored multiple goals to lead the Emmanuel College men's lacrosse team to a 13-4 victory over visiting Anna Maria College on Saturday afternoon in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference contest at Roberto Clemente Field in Boston.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel tallied the first five goals of the game – all coming in the opening quarter of play, fueled by two from junior Steve Gervasio (Johnston, R.I.).
- Anna Maria's first marker of the game came with 11:05 left in the second quarter when sophomore Brandon Pavoni (Granby, Mass.) scored to make it 5-1.
- Emmanuel senior Charlie Moran (Maitland, Fla.) scored the next three goals of the game to spark a 7-1 run by the Saints to take a 12-2 advantage with 12:57 left to play in the game.
- Junior Malik Griffith (Brooklyn, N.Y.) scored the lone goal for the AMCATS during Emmanuel's scoring spree.
- The AMCATS closed out the match with sophomore Brady Seymour scoring two of the final three goals of the afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel allowed no goals in the first, just one in the second and third and only two in the fourth quarter.
- The Saints owned a 39-22 shot advantage and held Anna Maria to single-digit shot totals in each of the first three quarters. Emmanuel controlled possession as well, winning 15 of 21 faceoffs and picking up 53 ground balls to the AMCATS' total of 29.
- Senior Austin Rosenberg (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) made 11 saves to earn the victory for Emmanuel, while junior Paul Schwarz (Staten Island, N.Y.) stopped 16 shots for Anna Maria.
- Moran finished with a game-high six points, including four goals, while sophomore Alex Flanagan (Westford, Mass.) netted three goals to go with an assist and junior Steve Gervasio (Johnston, R.I.) collected five points on two goals and three assists. Senior Michael Sousa (Cranston, R.I.) dominated the face-offs and scooped up 12 ground balls. Sophomore Connor Prangley (Nashua, N.H.) led the defense with three caused turnovers and five ground balls.
- Seymour led the Anna Maria offense with a pair of goals and an assist, while Pavoni registered two points, including a goal. Sophomore Kyle Benning led the AMCATS defense with six ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Prior to the start of the game, the Saints honored the five seniors on the 2018 roster including Moran, Sousa, Rosenberg as well as teammates Andrew Blood and Jonathan Mills.
- Emmanuel is back in action on Wednesday, April 18 when it heads to Providence, R.I. to take on GNAC foe Johnson & Wales University, while Anna Maria hosts Saint Joseph's College (Maine) on the same day at 5:00 p.m.