Score: Trinity College, 15; Emmanuel College, 0
Records: Trinity College Bantams 2-3; Emmanuel College Saints 0-5
Location: Boston, Mass. – Roberto Clemente Field
Date: Monday, March 19, 2018
THE LEAD: In a non-conference matchup, the Trinity College Bantams were able to shut out the Emmanuel College Saints, 15-0, led by a four goal night by Drew Kozub (Hopkinton, Mass.) and three goal night by Teddy Myers (Washington, D.C.) on Monday evening at Roberto Clemente Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trinity took the initial lead as sophomore midfielder Ben Ferrucci (Essex, Conn.) scored 35 seconds into the first quarter, assisted by Ben Knaus (Ross, Calif.).
- The Bantams were able to tally on six more goals in the first quarter, two of which came from first-year attackman Kozub, 7-0.
- Senior goalkeeper Austin Rosenberg (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) of the Saints was able to hold Trinity off for most of the second quarter until the Bantams scored five goals in the last six minutes of half, 13-0.
- The Saints shut down the offensive attack of Trinity in the third quarter, only allowing one goal by junior attackman Myers. 14-0.
- Junior midfielder Ben MacShane (Concord, Mass.) scored the final goal of the night, closing out the Emmanuel College Saints, 15-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Trinity College was able to record 27 shots on goal on the night, in comparison to only six by the Saints.
- Steve Gervasio (Johnston, R.I) pushed the offensive charge of the Saints, recording three shots on goal on the night.
- The Bantams will be looking to get their first NESCAC win this Saturday, March 24th at 1:00 PM at Tufts University.
- Emmanuel will heading crosstown to face Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Wednesday, March 21st at 4:00 PM.