Score: Emmanuel College 397
Location: South Shore Country Club – Hingham, Mass.
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2019
THE LEAD: The Saints golf team finished in fourth place with a team total of 397 in the opening match on Tuesday afternoon at the South Shore Country Club in Hingham, Mass. Elms College finished the afternoon with the lowest score of 322, with Dean College and Mitchell College placing second and third respectively with 346 and 347 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel's sophomore Michael Mencio (Watertown, Conn.) led the Saints with a team low of 93, while teammate senior Taylor Kieselback (Simsbury, Conn.) was close behind with a score of 95.
- The lowest score of the day was shot by junior Frankie Murray (Belchertown, Mass.), scoring a 36 on the front nine and closing out the afternoon with a 40 on the back nine for Elms College.
- Murray's teammate senior Mattew King (Feeding Hills, Mass.) had the next best round on the afternoon, scoring 40 points on the front nine and cutting down to 38 on the back nine.
- Dean and Mitchell College finished the day with a nail biter finish as Dean shot one better than Mitchell thanks to a team best outing of 84, shot by sophomore Ethan Lessard (Somers, Conn.).
- EC will be on the road on Thursday, September 19th for the Brett Williamson Invitational at the Tekoa Country Club in Westfield, Mass.