Score: Emmanuel College 713
Location: Ledges Golf Club – South Hadley, Mass.
Date: Saturday, October 6 & Sunday, October 7, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College men's gold team finished in fourteenth place over the weekend with a team score of 713 at the Ledges Golf Club in South Hadley Mass. Husson University was able to come out on top with a team score of 608, followed by Amherst College with 616.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Daniel Halloran (Lawrence, Mass.) began on Saturday with a team leading round scoring an 83, and came back on Sunday to score, finishing the weekend with a total of 172.
- Emmanuel's Jack Scavone (Auburn, Mass.) finished the weekend with a team best 169 score, highlighted by an 80 point score on Sunday.
- Senior Anthony Springthorpe (Swampscott, Mass.) matched teammate Halloran with a total score of 172, scoring 89 on Saturday and 83 on Sunday.
- From Husson University, senior Gavin Dugas (Pittsfield, Maine) shot a weekend best 143, totaling 72 on Saturday and 71 Sunday, leading the eagles to the weekend victory.
BY THE NUMBERS
- GNAC foes Suffolk University and Norwich University also competed, with Suffolk coming in eighth place and Norwich coming in 17th.
- EC will have the week to work before heading to the GNAC Championship beginning on Saturday, October 13th at the Blackstone National Golf Club in Sutton, Mass.