Score: Emmanuel College 347
Location: William J. Devine Golf Course at Franklin Park – Boston, Mass.
Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College men's golf team hosted their first Invitational of the year on Wednesday afternoon at the William J. Devine Golf Course at Franklin Park in Boston, Mass. The Saints closed out the day with a team score of 347 points, led by junior Taylor Kielselback (Simsbury, Conn.) while GNAC foe Suffolk University won the event with a team score of 303.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel's Kieselback and sophomore Brian Daly (Burlington, Mass.) each posted a 40 through the first nine holes, on their way of a combined score of 173 on the day.
- Emmanuel junior Jack Scavone (Auburn, Mass.) matched Kieselback on the back nine posting a 44, and totaling an 87 on the day.
- Junior duo Demetri Stamoulis (Manchester, N.H.) and Andrew Harper (Moreau, N.Y.) from Suffolk University finished the day on top with a score of 74 and 72 respectively.
- Mitchell College and Wentworth Institute of Technology also competed in the invitational, with Mitchell combining for a score of 311 and Wentworth with a score of 314.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel was able to tie for second place at the same event last year, while Suffolk finished on top.
- Even with a rain delay of over an hour, all teams were able to compete with five golfers turning in cards.
- The Saints have a full week off before heading on the road to Groton, Conn, for the Mitchell College Invitational at the Shennecossett Golf Course.