Score: Emmanuel College 378
Location: Gorham Country Club – Gorham, Maine
Date: Sunday, October 8, 2017
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College men's golf team competed Sunday afternoon in the University of Southern Maine Fall Classic played at the Gorham Country Club in Gorham, Maine. The Saints placed ninth overall with a team score of 378 while Husson University took home the team victory with an impressive finish of 286 (+2).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- EC senior Colin Cordero (Bolton, Conn.) and junior David Byrne (Newport, R.I.) each carded 86's to pace the Saints.
- Emmanuel sophomore Jack Scavone (Auburn, Mass.) posted a 93 while freshman Jacson Mooers (Lincolnville, Maine) finished with a 113.
- Dalton Wickenden (Husson), Mackenzie Clow (Husson) and Cameron Letourneau (Saint Joseph's ME) tied for medalist honors with a score of 70.
- Saint Joseph's (ME) was the only other GNAC school in the field, finishing second with a team score of 314.
- The Fall Classic was originally scheduled to be a two-day event but Monday's round was washed out due to rain.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Emmanuel only sent four golfers to the match.
- The team score of 378 was the Saints second-highest team total this season
- Last year in the same event, Emmanuel finished 10th overall.
- Emmanuel returns to action on Wednesday, October 11 for a tri-match at Shennecossett Golf Course in Groton, Conn. with Mitchell and Eastern Nazarene.