Score: Dean College 331, Mitchell College 344, Emmanuel College 352, Fisher College DQ
Location: George Wright Golf Course – Hyde Park, Mass.
Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2017
THE LEAD: Dean College posted a team score of 331 to capture the 2017 Saints Invitational played Tuesday afternoon at George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park, Mass. The host Saints finished third in the match with a 352, coming in behind Mitchell College who fired a 344 for second.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dean senior Austin McCreary (Northampton, Mass.) earned medalist honors with a low-round of 75 for the Bulldogs
- EC senior Colin Cordero (Bolton, Conn.) turned in the only other card on the day in the 70's, shooting a 78 to pace the Saints
- Mitchell sophomore Nick Knisel (Weatogue, Conn.) carded a team-low 81 for the Mariners
- Emmanuel sophomore Taylor Kieselback (Simsbury, Conn.) was the only other Saint to break 90, posting an 89 in the match
BY THE NUMBERS
- The match was originally scheduled for the William J. Devine Golf Course at Frankling Park but moved to George Wright due to aeration maintenance.
- The 78 by Cordero was just one stroke shy of tying his career-best of 77 which he also shot at George Wright during his sophomore campaign.
- Sophomore Ian Tait (Scituate, Mass.) and junior Daniel Van Auken (Natick, Mass.) made their collegiate debuts for Emmanuel.
- Fisher only had two golfers compete in the match and was disqualified from the team competition despite Cooper Lewis (Littleton, Mass.) and Dan Robbins (Saugus, Mass.) shooting a 82 and 101.
- Emmanuel returns to action this coming weekend for the University of Southern Maine Fall Classic at Gorham Country Club in Gorham, Maine. The Fall Classic is a two-day event that will be played on Sunday, October 8 and Monday, October 9.