Score: Albertus Magnus College, 84; Emmanuel College, 92
Records: Albertus Magnus College Falcons (11-6, 3-2 GNAC); Emmanuel College Saints (14-4, 5-0 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Saturday, January 26th, 2019
THE LEAD: Senior duo Joe Tamburro (South Windsor, Conn.) and Isaiah Ruffen (Haverhill, Mass.) combined for 38 points to lead the Saints to a victory over Albertus Magnus College on Saturday, January 26th on the Andy Yosinoff Court to remain undefeated in conference, 92-84.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- EC started with a flurry of made field goals, with Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.), Isaiah Ruffen (Haverhill, Mas.), and Zachary Crisafulli (Hatfield, Mass.) all connecting on shots behind the arc within the first two and a half minutes of the game propelling the Saints ahead of the Falcons, who were able to keep it close as freshman Davon Warner (New Haven, Conn.) collected a quick seven points through ten minutes, 21-17.
- The Falcons closed the gap to one point with six minutes remaining in the first half as freshman center Michael Richardson (Bronx, N.Y.) completing an and-one in the paint and was able to take the lead for the first time with 4:23 on the clock with a layup by Richardson, but the Saints were able to regain the lead as senior guard Joe Tamburro (South Windsor, Conn.) scored seven points in the final four minutes, 40-36.
- Albertus was able to put together a seven point run early with junior Damian Grant (Waterbury, Conn.) connecting on two layups to take the lead 46-42, but the Saints were able to close the gap and traded the lead for the middle of the second half with neither team leading by more than two until Tamburro scored five in a row to take lead for the Saints, 58-54 with ten minutes remaining in regulation.
- Neither team was able to gain momentum as both teams were connecting in the paint until Saints' freshman Giovanni Ciampa (Tewksbury, Mass.) connected on a long shot behind the arc and Ruffen completed an and-one to bring the Saints ahead, 66-62.
- Emmanuel used that momentum to go on a 13-point run late in the half to take a game-high 15 point lead with freshman Anthony Davidson (Annapolis, Md.) leading the way, and was able to close out the game at the free-throw line to remain undefeated in the conference, 92-84.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Tamburro of the Saints closed out the day with a game-high 20 points, six rebounds and an assists while Ruffen was able to record yet another double-double on the season with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Grant of the Falcons was also able to record a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds while Jahmerikah Green-Younger (Norwalk, Conn.) also recorded double-digit points with 12.
- EC owned the boards on the afternoon out-rebounding the Falcons 51-33, and was also able to score 49 points at the free-throw line in comparison to 26 for the Falcons.
- Albertus Magnus will only have one day to rest before heading to Williams College on Monday, January 28th at 7:00PM.
- Emmanuel will be looking for their second conference victory on Thursday, January 10th on the road at the University of Saint Joseph (CT) at 7PM.