Score: Pine Manor College, 63; Emmanuel College, 93
Records: Pine Manor College Gators (4-11); Emmanuel College Saints (11-4, 2-0 GNAC)
Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass. – Brunelli Court
Date: Saturday, January 12, 2019
THE LEAD: Senior guard Joe Tamburro (South Windsor, Conn.) scored a career-high 37 points to help Emmanuel College power past Pine Manor College, 93-63, on Saturday afternoon in non-conference men's basketball action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Pine Manor played a strong first half, holding a lead for much of the action until Emmanuel closed the frame on a 10-0 run to take a 38-31 lead into the halftime intermission.
- The Saints scored the first five points of the second stanza to make it a double-digit lead and never looked back.
- A layup by Sayvon Houston (Brockton, Mass.) cut the Emmanuel lead to five (48-43) with 14:25 left in the half but Emmanuel answered with another 10-0 run to regain control.
- Over the final 10 minutes of regulation, the Saints outscored the Gators by a 31-18 margin to coast to the 93-63 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Tamburro was on fire all afternoon, connecting on 10-of-13 from the floor including a gaudy 8-of-11 from behind the arc. He was also 9-for-10 from the free throw line to account for his career-high 37 points, two shy of the Emmanuel single-game scoring record.
- Three EC starters were also in double-figures as junior Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.), sophomore forward Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) and sophomore forward Zachary Crisafulli (Easthampton, Mass.) finished with 19, 15 and 10, respectively.
- Houston paced the Gators with a team-high 18 points to go along with eight rebounds.
- EC senior forward Isaiah Ruffen (Haverhill, Mass.) ended the action with a game-high 11 rebounds.
- Emmanuel finished the day with a season-high 15 three point field goals made.
- EC is back in action on Tuesday, January 15 hosting Regis College in GNAC action at 7:00 PM.
- Pine Manor travels to Hartford, Conn. to face Trinity College at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, January 16.