Score: Curry College, 51; Emmanuel College, 91
Records: Curry College Colonels (0-5); Emmanuel College Saints (2-2)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
THE LEAD: Sophomore guard Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) led the Saints to a dominant 91-51 victory over the Curry College Colonels on Tuesday evening, shooting 8-15 from the field along with a 5-10 performance from behind the arc.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints held the Colonels scoreless through the first three and a half minutes of play as Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) and Jack Moulder (Newtown, Conn.) worked off of the glass to control the pace of play through the first ten minutes of the half for the Saints, 14-5.
- Freshman guard Anthony Davidson came off the bench for the Saints and put a quick eight points on the board midway through the half along with 14 points from Moulder as EC was able to stay ahead handily until halftime, 42-23.
- The second half started with a quick three-pointer by freshman guard Giovanni Ciampa (Tewksbury, Mass.) for the Saints before Jared Johnson-Thorpe (Dorchester, Mass.) scored six points for the Colonels, but EC was able to cut any momentum on back to back three-pointers by Moulder and Blake Bardy (Waterbury, Conn.), 65-30.
- Curry's Alex Stein (Mount Oliva, N.J.) scored eight points in a row, going 2-2 from behind the arc and from the free throw line through the middle of the second half, but the Saints continued their offensive push thanks to their reserves including a combined eight second half points by David Albanese (Brookfield, Conn.) and Devin Pulsifer (Winthrop, Mass.), closing out the game 91-52.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Moulder led the evening with a game and career high 22 points along with three rebounds, an assists and a steal for the Saints.
- Thorpe-Johnson and Stein both recorded 10 points for the Colonels, the only players in double figures for Curry.
- Isaiah Ruffen (Haverhill, Mass.) and Fox controlled the boards for the Saints, combining for 18 of Emmanuels 48 rebounds.
- Curry College will play their first conference game of the season on Wednesday, November 28th on the road at Endicott College at 5:30PM
- Emmanuel will have a full week off for a well-deserved Thanksgiving break before facing Westfield State University at home on Tuesday, November 27th at 5:30PM.