Location: Franklin Park - Boston, Mass.
Women's Finish: 6th of 11 teams
Men's Finish: 8th of 8 teams
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College cross country teams were close to home on Saturday, September 22nd for the 50th Codfish Bowl at Franklin Park, where the women's team were led by sophomore Pearl Vercruysse (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) to a sixth place finish, and the men's team was led by junior Erik Brobst (Freeport, Maine) to an eighth place finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Merrimack College took the top three spots in the women's heat to finish with a total of 23 points and the top two spots in the men's race to total 21 points on their way to claim the top team honors for both teams.
- After taking the first few races of the fall off, Vercrusse started where she left off last year, crossing the finish in 16th place with a time of 19:59.
- Freshman Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) was only 39 seconds behind Vercruysse, finishing in 21st place, with her teammate senior Reilly Boyle (Wells, Maine) close behind with a finish of 21:16.
- On the men's side, Brobst beat his time from the previous weekend by five seconds in a 17th place finish, with sophomore Trevor Hajj (Gilmanton, N.H.) as the second Saint to cross the line with a time of 29:11.
- Merrimack took first place for both sides, while Worcester State University took second place for the women (95) and the Boston College Running Club took second for the men (84).
- The Saints have two weeks before heading to the Saint Joseph's Monks Invite in Standish, Maine on October 6th.