TOPSFIELD, Mass. – The Emmanuel College cross country team opened the 2018 campaign with a strong showing at the Endicott Invitational Saturday morning at Bradley Palmer State Park. The men's squad placed second overall with three runners finishing in the top 10 while the women's team placed third overall, landing four runners in the top 15 of the field.
Meet Name: Endicott Invitational
Men's Finish: 2nd of 4 teams
Women's Finish: 3rd of 4 teams
Location: Bradley Palmer State Park – Topsfield, Mass.
Dates: Saturday, September 8, 2018
- Host Endicott picked up the team win in the women's field with 29 points and their top five runners finishing in the top 10.
- Sophomore Sydney Sirois () of the University of Southern Maine was the individual champion in the women's field with a time of 19:39 in the 5K race.
- Emmanuel rookie Hannah Fitzpatrick () enjoyed a strong debut, placing fifth overall in the race with a time of 20:20.
- Sophomore Stephanie Forester (), senior Reilly Boyle () and junior Allie Gorrill () all ran well for Emmanuel with times of 21:39, 21:48 and 21:51, respectively.
- Freshman Anne Cutrone () rounded out the Saints' top five with a time of 22:35 in her first collegiate race.
- On the men's side, the Gulls edged the Saints in the team finish with 27 points, besting the Saints who finished with 35 points.
- Freshman Josh Knight () picked up the individual win for Endicott with a time of 29:00 in the 8K event.
- The EC duo of Erik Brobst () and Patrick Carty () placed second and third, respectively with times of 29:15 and 29:30 in their 2018 debut.
- Sophomore Trevor Hajj () nabbed a top-10 spot with a seventh place finish at 30:05.
- Senior Jefferson Zannoni () and sophomore Matthew Cronin () capped the top five for Emmanuel with 11th and 12th place finishes.
Emmanuel returns to action next Saturday, September 15 when the Saints head to the UMass Dartmouth Invitational.