BOSTON, Mass.- The Emmanuel College cross country team swept the competition this weekend at the Fens Classic on their home course at The Fens. The women's squad finished first overall after placing the top five runners and nine of the top 11 spots for a total of 15 points. The men's team was also victorious with 34 total points and two runners placing in the top three.
- The Emmanuel women placed the top five runners to easily pull away from the field in the two-mile race with a total of 15 points
- Jordyn Gonsor (Springfield, Mass.) took first individually with a time of 13:11
- Senior Nicole Varca (Weathersfield, Conn.) finished in second place with a 13:13
- Freshman Stephanie Forrester took third, coming in at 13:14
- Katherine Holmberg (No. Easton, Mass.) edged out teammate Reilly Boyle to round out the top five
- The Emmanuel men finished first overall with two runners finishing in the top three spots
- Zach Hartman of Husson earned the individual win with a first-place finish time of 16:50 in the 5K race
- Saints Sophomores Patrick Carty (Sweden, Maine) and Erik Brobst (Freeport, Maine) took second and third respectively, their times were 16:52 and 17:01
- Emmanuel College Freshman Trevor Hajj finished ninth in his collegiate debut crossing the finish line at 18:29
The Saints return to action on Saturday September, 9th where they will compete in the Community Service at Dimmock Road to Wellness 5k.