Location: Cambridge, Mass.
Meet Host: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Date: Saturday, April 20, 2019
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College men's and women's outdoor track and field teams traveled across the Charles on Saturday, April 20th for the Sean Collier Invitational, where multiple athletes recorded personal records.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the third week in a row, Caileigh Blackmer (Warwick, R.I.) broke her own school record in the hammer throw with an eighth place finish with a best throw of 40.66 meters, 1.77 meters better than her previous record.
- Along with the new school record in the hammer throw, Carly Jones (Lake Placid, N.Y.) was also able to record a new school record in the triple jump with a seventh place finish of 10.56 meters, while teammate Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) achieved a personal record in the same event.
- Two other female athletes were able to record personal records; a tenth place finish for Carolyn Richardson (Kenebunk, Maine) in the long jump with a final mark of 4.94 meters and Gianna Kittle (Rocky Hill, Conn.) in the hammer with a best throw of 20.09 meters.
- Teammates John Cavanaugh (Redding, Conn.) and Trevor Hajj (Gilmanton, N.H.) had great days in the 110 hurdles with consecutive seventh and eighth place finishes with times of 17.10 and 17.22 seconds respectively.
- Three men were able to achieve personal records to close out the meet; Amiel Howell (Boston, Mass.) in the shot put, Luke Elson (Ashaway, R.I) in the 200 meter sprint and John Griffin (Thompson, Conn.) in the hammer throw.