Location: New London, Conn.
Meet Host: Connecticut College
Date: Saturday, April 14, 2019
THE LEAD: Two Saints were able to qualify for New England's after a strong showing at the Silfen Elite Invite at Connecticut College on Saturday, April 14th.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Caileigh Blackmer (Warwick, R.I.) broke her own school record for the second time this season with a tenth place finish in the hammer throw with a best throw of 38.89 meters.
- In the heptathlon, junior Jacquelyn Schneider (Weymouth, Mass.) was able to qualify for New England's with a seventh place finish with 3508 points on the day. Schneider also recorded personal records in both the hurdles and high jump.
- Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) was able to capture a spot in New England's with a sixth place best jump of 1.55 meter in the high jump, while also accomplishing a personal record with a twenty-third place finish in the 400 hurdles with a final time of 1:17.71.
- To close out the day for the women, Carly Jones (Lake Placid, N.Y.) recorded a new personal record in the high and long jump while teammate Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) did the same in the 800 meter and 5 kilometer races.
- On the men's side, Matt Cronin (Coventry, R.I) accomplished a major personal record in the 5 kilometer race with a career best 17:53.98 time, over two minutes faster than his previous best.