Location: Northampton, Mass.
Meet Host: Smith College
Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019
THE LEAD: Freshman field athlete Caileigh Blackmer (Warwick, R.I.) finished in first place in the hammer throw to break her own school record, leading the Saints to a great day of competition at the Carla Coffey Track & Field Invitational at Smith College on Saturday, April 6th.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Blackmer's came in first in the hammer throw with a best throw of 37.27 meters, breaking her own school record of 35.06 meters from March 23rd.
- Fellow field athlete Amie Knowles (Seabrook, N.H) had three personal records on the day; a best throw of 25.52 meters in the hammer throw, 23.23 meters in the discus and a 9.28 meter throw in the shot put.
- To round out the women throwers, Shannon Donahue (Manchester, N.H.) was able to record a personal best in the hammer throw with a fifth place finish of 24.21 meters.
- Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) and Carly Jones (Lake Placid, N.Y.) both achieved personal records in the triple jump with a second place finish for Jordan with a best jump of 9.86 meters and a fifth place finish for Jones with a best jump of 9.76 meters.
- The final personal record of the day for the women came from Hannah Fitzpatrick in the 1500 meter race with a first place finish of 5:00.83.
- On the men's side, Joseph Reed (Rehoboth, Mass.) recorded a fourth place finish in the triple jump with a best jump of 11.97 meters and finished in fourteenth place in the 400 meter spring with a final time of 57.41.
- Trevor Hajj (Gilmanton, N.H) finished the day with a personal record in the javelin with a best throw of 28.34 meters and finished in first place in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:01.46.