Location: Medford, Mass.
Meet Host: Tufts University
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel outdoor track and field team traveled to cross-town host Tufts University for the second meet of the season and continued to show improvements across the board with a variety of personal records for the Saints on Saturday, March 30th.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On the men's side, the sprinters led the day with improved times by Trevor Hajj (Gilmanton, N.H.) in the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:01.75, and Luke Elson (Ashaway, R.I.) in the 100 meter spring with a time of 11.84, and Joseph Reed (Rehoboth, Mass.) in the 400 meter sprint with a time of 56.50.
- The men's relay team of Elson, Reed, Hajj and Jake Cavanaugh (Redding, Conn.) improved in both of their races on the day, including a ten second drop in time fin the 4x400 meter relay with a final time of 3:46.90.
- Sophomore Matthew Cronin (Redding, Conn.) was able to collect a tenth place finish in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a final time of 11:53.35.
- The women were led by the field athletes, with personal records coming on the day for Shannon Donahue (Manchester, N.H.) and Amie Knowles (Seabrook, N.H.) in the hammer throw, Caileigh Blackmer (Warwick, R.I) in the discus, Jacquelyn Schneider (Weymouth, Mass.) in the javelin, and Hannah Davis (East Thetford, Vt.) in the long jump.
- The relay team of Haley Boisvert (Merrimack, N.H.), Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.), Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) and Schneider had a strong performance with an eight second drop in the 4x400 meter with a final time of 4:26.28.