Location: Middletown, Conn.
Meet Host: Wesleyan University
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
THE LEAD: Freshman field athlete Caileigh Blackmer (Warwick, R.I.) finished in sixth place in the hammer throw to record a new school record, leading the Saints in the first outdoor track meet at Wesleyan University on Saturday, March 23rd in Middletown, Conn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Blackmer's sixth place finish, recording a best throw of 35.06 meters, was the best in school history and only fell behind upperclassmen in the event.
- On the other side of the hammer throw, sophomore John Griffin (Thompson, Conn.) was able to record a 12 foot personal record with a best throw of 19.71 meters.
- Freshman Luke Elson (Ashaway, R.I.) was able to finish in second place in the men's 400 meter dash with a time of 53.77, less than two seconds behind the first place finisher.
- Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) started the season with a fourth place finish in the women's high jump with a 1.52 meter mark, very close to qualifying for New England's.
- In the triple jump, Carly Jones (Lake Placid, N.Y) finished in fifth place with a final mark of 9.42 meters, which was a new college personal record.