Location: Washington Heights, N.Y.
Meet Host: New York University DIII Invite
Date: Saturday, February 2, 2019
THE LEAD: Freshman distance runner Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) qualified for a second event in two weeks with a lifetime personal record in the 800 meter race while three of her teammates were also able to record personal records in various events at the NYU DIII Invite.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fitzpatrick was able to complete the 800 meter run with an overall 18th place finish with a time of 2:26.09, cutting off over three full seconds from her previous record in the event from the Pioneer Invitational two weeks prior.
- Three other women were also able to record personal records on the day; junior Jackie Schneider (Weymouth, Mass.) in the 200 meter dash with a time of 29.56, sophomore Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:12.76, and junior Shannon Donahue (Manchester, N.H.) recorded a new distance of 9.11 meters in the weight throw.
- Freshman Joseph Reed (Rehoboth, Mass.) competed in the 400 meter dash for the first time in the indoor track season and recorded a 57.41 second finish.
- On the men's side, Aidan Sitler (Wethersfield, Conn.) was able to complete the 60 meter dash with a time of 8.32 seconds, which is .13 seconds better than his previous record from the UMass Boston Indoor Open in 2018.
- Both the men's and women's squads will be heading across the river to compete in the Kelly Invite at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Saturday, February 9th at 10AM.