Location: Gorham, Maine. – University of Southern Maine Fieldhouse
Meet Host: University of Southern Maine
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019
THE LEAD: Freshman distance runner Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) was able to qualify for the Division III New England's with a new personal record in the 1000 meter race and was followed by eleven personal records by her teammates at the University of Southern Maine Open on Saturday, January 26th in Gorham, Maine.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fitzpatrick picked up the only win for the EC indoor track and field program with a first place victory in the 1000 meter with a time of 3:10.92, 13 seconds faster than the second place finish, qualifying her for the DIII New England's in late February
- The women's team was filled with personal records, including four by freshman Lauren Sterling (Rumford, Maine) in the 55 meter dash with a time of 8.08, in the 55 meter hurdles with a time of 9.64, in the 200 meter dash with a time of 29.84 and a sixth place finish in the high jump with a final height on 4'9".
- Haley Boisvert (Merrimack, N.H.), Caroline Richardson (Kenebunk, Maine) and Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) all beat their previous records in varying events, including two seventh place finishes and one sixth place finish.
- The field events also came with much success with Shannon Donahue (Manchester, N.H) Caylie Blackmer (Warwick, R.I.) and Amie Knowles (Seabrook, N.H) all competing in the weight throw and beating previous distances, including a ninth place finish in the event for Blackmer.
- For the men, both Jake Cavanaugh (Redding, Conn.) and Cameron Atherton (Rowley, Mass.) were able to record their best times or distances through their career with Cavanaugh competing in the 200 meter dash and the 55 meter hurdles while Atherton competed in the long jump.
- The indoor programs will be heading to Washington Heights, N.Y. on Saturday, February 2nd for the NYU Invite at 1PM.