Location: Medford, Mass. – Gantcher Center Fieldhouse
Meet Host: Tufts University
Date: Monday, January 14, 2019
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College indoor track and field teams headed across town to the Tufts University Invitational on Saturday, January 12th where both groups were able to collect top-twenty finishes across multiple events.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the women, freshman Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) continued her impressive first indoor season with a fourth place finish in the 600 meter final with a time of 1:45.86, her first time competing in this event.
- Two women were able to collect top-twenty finishes in the 400 meter final with Haley Boisvert (Merrimack, N.H.) finishing in 14th place with a time of 1:11.02 while Amanda Jordan (Stoneham, Mass.) finished right behind her teammate with a 16th place finish with a time of 1:20.68.
- The field athletes of the women competed in high jump, shot put, weight throw and a team best long jump by Carolyn Richardson (Kenebunk, Maine) with a 12th place finish with a final mark of 4.36 meters.
- Sophomore sprinter Jake Cavanaugh (Redding, Conn.) led the men's side yet again with a seventh place finish in the 60 meter hurdles final with a time of 9.38 and also competed in the 200 and 400 meter races.
- Senior Jefferson Zannoni (Merrimack, N.H.) completed his day with an 18th place finish in the 600 meter final with a time of 1:40.10 and a 19th place finish in the 1000 meter final with a time of 3:13.60 with teammate Matthew Cronin (Coventry, R.I) finishing right behind him in the 1000 meter with a 20th place finish with a time of 3:18.04.
- EC will be heading to Western Mass. on Saturday, January 19th for the Smith College Invite in Northampton for an 11AM meet start time.