Location: Boston, Mass. – Reggie Lewis Center
Meet Host: University of Massachusetts - Boston
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2017
THE LEAD: The Emmanuel College indoor track & field teams opened up the 2018 - 2019 season with a strong showing at the University of Massachusetts Boston Indoor Open at the Reggie Lewis Center on Saturday, December 1st.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On the men's side, sophomore Trevor Hajj (Gilmanton, N.H.) led the way in the 500 meter race with a time of 1:12.82 that landed him a 15th place finish on the afternoon, as classmate Jake Cavanaugh (Redding, Conn.) finished just behind at 1:15.01 with a 22nd place finish.
- The EC throwers were able to compete in both the weight throw and shot put, with sophomore John Griffin (Thompson, Conn.) recording a 23'2.5" weight throw and freshman Joseph Barove (Plymouth, Mass.) finishing with a shot put distance of 27'11".
- For the women, freshman Hannah Fitzpatrick (Revere, Mass.) was able to record the best completion of the day with a seventh place finish in the 3000 meter race with a final time of 11:10.31, with teammate Anna Cutrone (Newburyport, Mass.) closing in with a time of 12:14.16.
- Senior distance runner Katherine Holmberg (North Easton, Mass.) finished the afternoon with a ninth place finish in the 1000 meter with a final time of 3:30.20, while junior Carolyn Richardson (Kenebunk, Maine) came in 14th place in the 500 meter final.
- The women's throwers were led by freshman Caileigh Blackmer (Warwick, R.I.) with a tenth place finish in the weight throw with a final distance of 38'9.75".
- Emmanuel returns to action on Saturday, December 8th when they head to Rhode Island for the RIC Invite in Providence, RI.