Score: Albertus Magnus College, 60; Emmanuel College, 86
Records: Albertus Magnus College Falcons (10-5, 4-3 GNAC); Emmanuel College Saints (8-6, 4-1 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Thursday, January 18th, 2018
THE LEAD: Sophomore guard Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (South Boston, MA) recorded a double-double in the first half of play, finishing with 21 points and 16 rebounds to lead the Emmanuel College women's basketball team past Albertus Magnus College, 86-60, Thursday evening in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action on the Andy Yosinoff Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half began a quick four point start from the Saints off of a made layup by Kayla Weaver (West Haven, Conn.) and two free throws by Ryan Maynard (Bowie, Md.).
- Emmanuel was able to push the lead to 15 points to end the first quarter by a made layup by Alisha Fox (National Park, N.J.), finishing the quarter 21-6.
- The Saints continued to hold off the offensive attack of the Falcons into the second quarter increasing the lead to 16 points from a Ramirez-Tejeda jump shot.
- Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.) and Jill Johnson (New Haven, Conn.) of the Falcons rounded out the first half with a pair of layups to close the lead to 47-24.
- The Saints continued to put points on the board as junior center Mary McCarthy (Scituate, Mass.) connected on two layups to increase the lead to thirty points in the third quarter.
- The defensive pressure of the Saints was able to contain the Falcons to only 16 points in the final period of the game, finishing the game 89-60.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Ramirez-Tejeda led the Saints with a double-double, recording 16 rebounds, the most in a game by an Emmanuel player since 2011.
- Bolden also recorded a double-double for the Falcons, scoring 21 points and 17 rebounds.
- The Saints bench out-scored the Falcons bench 32-8.
- EC junior Madison McLaughlin (Westerly, R.I.) scored 10 points along with a game-high six assists.
- Johnson pestered the Saint's offensive all night, recording a game-high seven steals along with her 13 points.
- The Falcons have only one day off before hosting GNAC rival Johnson & Wales University on Saturday, January 20th at 1:00 PM.
- Emmanuel will also be back in action on Saturday, January 20th at 1:00 PM as they head on the road to University of Saint Joseph in Connecticut for a GNAC match-up.