Score: Pine Manor College, 53; Emmanuel College, 102
Records: Pine Manor College Gators (3-6); Emmanuel College Saints (3-4)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Thursday, December 7, 2017
THE LEAD: All 13 players that dressed for the Emmanuel College women's basketball team scored in Thursday night's 102-53 non-conference victory over Pine Manor College on the Andy Yosinoff Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints opened the game on a 13-0 run and never looked back, never trailing in their second consecutive victory.
- Emmanuel led 28-10 after the first quarter, holding Pine Manor to just three field goals in the action.
- The hosts used full court pressure to keep the Gators offense at bay, holding Pine Manor to only seven points in the second quarter to take a commanding 57-17 lead into halftime.
- The Saints outscored the Gators 23-16 in the third quarter before the Gators offense came to life in the final stanza, scoring 20 points over the final ten minutes but it wasn't enough as Emmanuel cruised to the 102-53 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- EC sophomore guard Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (South Boston, Mass.) scored a game-high 20 points on 9-for-12 shooting to go along with four assists, three steals and three rebounds.
- EC junior center Mary McCarthy (Scituate, Mass.) was also in double-figures with 12 points and eight rebounds while freshman Taylor Shubrick (Longmeadow, Mass.) was one rebound shy of a double-double with 10 points and nine boards.
- Erica Jones (Atlanta, Ga.) paced the PMC offense with a team-best 11 points while Shaquanda Middleton (Savannah, Ga.) added nine points.
- Emmanuel forced the Gators into a season-high 39 turnovers and out-rebounded them by a 54-37 margin.
- Emmanuel returns to action on Saturday, December 9 in the battle of Brookline Avenue, heading across the street to take on Simmons College at 1:00 PM in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action.
- Pine Manor College travels back into the city to take on Wentworth Institute of Technology the same day for a 1:00 PM tip.