Score: Emmanuel College, 100; Yeshiva University, 18
Records: Emmanuel College Saints (1-0); Yeshiva University Maccabees (1-1)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2017
THE LEAD: Six different players scored in double-figures to power Emmanuel College past Yeshiva University, 100-18, in Saturday's opening round action of the 34th Annual EC Women's Basketball Tip Off Classic. Prior to the start of the game, the Saints unveiled the Andy Yosinoff Court in honor of the longtime Head Coach of the Saints.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints came out of the gates on fire, racing out to a 25-6 lead after the first quarter fueled by 10 points from sophomore guard Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (South Boston, Mass.).
- EC stayed on the throttle in the second frame, scoring a remarkable 33 points in the stanza to take a 58-14 lead heading into the break.
- During halftime, staff from the Maimonides High School in Brookline, Mass. recognized Yeshiva senior forward Michal Alge (Boston, Mass.) in a brief ceremony in honor of her return to her hometown.
- The hosts continued to shut down the Maccabees with tough defense, limiting Yeshiva to just two points in the third quarter to take an 80-16 lead into the final frame.
- Emmanuel matches its third quarter defensive effort in the final stanza, again holding the Maccabees to just two points en route to a 100-18 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The 82 victory for Emmanuel is the largest margin of victory in program history.
- Ramirez-Tejeda led all scorers with 18 points, going 9-of-10 from the floor.
- Seniors Alisha Fox (National Park, N.J.) and Ryan Maynard (Bowie, Md.) each added 10 points while freshman Ty Morrison (Browns Summit, N.C.) dropped 11 points in her collegiate debut.
- Sophomore Kayla Weaver (West Haven, Conn.) and freshman Taylor Shubrick (Longmeadow, Mass.) rounded out the EC players in double-figures with 10 points each.
- Junior center Mary McCarthy (Scituate, Mass.) was big on the glass with a game-high 12 rebounds while adding eight points.
- Freshman forward Lindsay Brandwein (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) paced the Maccabees defensive effort with 10 rebounds in her first collegiate game.
- YU junior guard Nicole Bick (Edison, N.J.) led the way offensively with a team-high eight points.
- Emmanuel will take on William Paterson University tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 PM looking to take on the title in the Tip Off Classic Championship game. The Pioneers down Gallaudet University in tonight's opener, 82-54.
- Yeshiva faces Gallaudet in the consolation game tomorrow at 1:00 PM.