Score: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 80; Emmanuel College, 56
Records: MIT Engineers (7-1); Emmanuel College Saints (1-6)
Location: Boston, Mass. – Andy Yosinoff Court
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
THE LEAD: Junior guard Cameron Korb (Los Gatos, Calif.) scored a game-high 21 points to propel the MIT men's basketball team over host Emmanuel College, 80-56, Tuesday evening in non-conference action on the Andy Yosinoff Court.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Engineers never trailed in the contest as they jumped out to a quick 12-4 lead fueled by a pair of Korb triples.
- Emmanuel was able to cut the lead to five at 16-11 on a layup by freshman forward David Albanese (Brookfield, Conn.) but MIT answered with a quick 5-0 spurt of its own to return the lead to double-figures at 21-11 with 10:23 to play following a pair of free throws by freshman forward Hamilton Forsythe (Weston, Conn.)
- A three by junior guard Joe Tamburro (South Windsor, Conn.) pulled the Saints back to within single digits at 25-16 with 3:16 to play in the half but MIT closed the frame on an 8-1 run to take a 33-17 lead into halftime.
- A quick EC hoop by freshman Marcus Fox (Danbury, Conn.) opened the second stanza before the Engineers orchestrated an 8-0 run to take complete control of the action at 41-19.
- A pair of free throws with 6:54 to play by junior Tim Roberts (Oak Bluffs, Mass.) gave MIT its largest lead of the night at 67-37
- Over the final six minutes of action, the Saints were able to outscore the Engineers 19-13 to account for the 80-56 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Korb finished the night shooting 5-for-9 from the field with all five field goals coming from downtown. He also was 6-for-7 from the charity stripe before fouling out of the action late in the game.
- EC sophomore Emmett Riddick (Middletown, Conn.) led the Saints with 19 points while Tamburro was next in team scoring with eight.
- Forsythe, Roberts and freshman forward Aidan Einloth (Grayslake, Ill.) all finished in double figures for MIT with 17, 12 and 10 points, respectively.
- MIT junior guard Bradley Jomard (Paris, France) led the offensive show with a game-high 10 assists in the win.
- Emmanuel's 17 points in the first half was a season-low for a single half scoring total.
- MIT has now compiled 12 consecutive victories against Emmanuel and owns a 13-1 all-time record vs. the Saints.
- Emmanuel is back in action on Thursday, December 7 when they host Wentworth at 7:30 PM in non-conference play.
- MIT plays the same night, hosting Rhode Island College at 7:00 PM in Cambridge, Mass.